Oak Log Cabin
We've recently added a wood-burning stove to this lodge so you can enjoy the sounds of a crackling fire on a cosy night indoors.
Oak Log Cabin
- Oak Log Cabin enjoys open southerly views and offers 4 bedrooms, 2 double (1 a super-king double), 1 twin bedroom and 1 bunk bedroom with full size beds.
- Full bathroom with shower over bath and an en-suite shower room are provided.
- Gas central heating with hot water on demand is available.
- The wood-burning stove provides additional comfort and watching the roaring flames provides an ancient alternative to the television!
- Outside there is a large L shaped deck area with a brick built barbeque to enjoy on those long balmy summer evenings.
- The view to the south include a field with sheep (and deer in winter), while the longer view encompasses the hills to the south of Loch Tay.
- The modern kitchen is equipped with Gas hob and electric oven, microwave, toaster, kettle and built in fridge freezer and dishwasher.
- There is a dining table and chairs for 8 guests and comfortable leather furniture in the lounge.
- Entertainment facilities include a 32in flat screen TV, digibox dvd and radio / CD player.
The open view to the front is to the hills on the south side of Loch Tay and it is interesting to see an occasional helicopter flying below Lodge level as they fly along the loch. Guests can enjoy mingling at the Fire Pit which is across the football field and for younger guests there is a horse (tyre) swing. Immediately behind the lodges there is a grassy area and beyond that shrubs and trees. There is a path which allows access onto the hill behind the lodges which leads to a forest road where long views down the length of Loch Tay can be enjoyed.
Availability and Booking
" Killin Highland Lodges is a Living Wage Employer "