1. When you submit a booking request through our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking request summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in our Booking Confirmation and sent by email, or in some cases, post.
2. When you receive confirmation of your booking, you are entering into a contract between you ('the booker') and Killin Highland Lodges (referred to as "we" or "us" in these terms) and by doing so, you accept these booking terms.
3. In order to preserve our family environment and for the respect of other guests, we do not hire any of our lodges to “stag/hen” or “party” groups.
4. Information about your party - we have the right to obtain the name, age, address and gender of each member of your party before confirming your booking or at any time. The booker must be a member of your party unless we agree otherwise. Failure to provide full details of the make-up of your party prior to your arrival may result in access to your lodge being delayed or denied.
5. Deposit – A deposit of 25% of the cost of your lodge hire, or £100.00 (if greater) is required at the time of booking and the balance is due six weeks before the commencement of your stay, unless otherwise stated/agreed by us. The balance will be collected automatically on the due date as detailed on your Booking Confirmation, unless you choose to pay this earlier.
6. Security Deposit - We require the booker to pay a security deposit, pre-authorised against a credit or debit card. This is in case there is any damage to the property caused by you or your party (including children and pet(s)) during your stay. The amount of security deposit is £150.00 and is pre-authorised by you as part of our reservation process. Only where there is damage or other charges to collect as set out in these terms, would a payment be collected from the pre-authorised amount.
7. Cancellations - Must be notified to and received by us in writing (preferably by email) and once received we will confirm and process your cancellation request.
Bookings made between 01/08/2020 – 08/01/2021
Are protected by “Master Cancel”. You can cancel your Booking and obtain a full refund (save for the administration fee below) of the lodging costs you have paid for up to and including two (2) days before the Holiday Commencement Date. For example, if your Holiday Commencement Date is a Saturday, then you can cancel as late as the prior Thursday, but not Friday (one (1) day prior) or Saturday (the Holiday Commencement Date). We ask that you give us as much notice as possible about your cancellation, but please note that cancelling more than 60 days before arrival does not activate “Master Cancel”. We would recommend waiting for the 60-day cancellation period to start before cancelling your booking, otherwise, any non-refundable deposits paid will be lost. If you cancel later than two (2) days before the Holiday Commencement Date then we cannot refund your Booking as we are no longer covered by “Master Cancel” and we will have incurred costs and are unlikely to be able to re-let our accommodation in such a short period of time. For this reason, we strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This will give you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday at almost the last minute. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
An administration fee of £75.00 will be deducted from any refund paid to you under “Master Cancel” to cover our administration costs involved in processing your cancellation.
Bookings made before 01/08/2020 or after 08/01/2021
If the booker cancels a confirmed booking within six weeks of the start of the holiday, he/she remains liable for the full cost of the holiday, unless otherwise agreed with us. Upon receipt of written confirmation of the cancellation from the booker, we will try to re-let the property. If successful, we will refund the booker based on the value we receive for the rebooking less any costs (commissions) incurred.
An administration fee of £75.00 will be deducted from any refund to cover our administration costs involved in processing your cancellation.
We strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This will give you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday at almost the last minute. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
COVID regulations - If the booking is cancelled due to COVID legislation (legislation which prevents the ability to freely travel within the UK), we will provide you with a voucher for the full amount you have paid, so that you can redeem this against the value of a rearranged stay. If you cancel due to COVID "recommendations", or your own decision, or because any of your family/group is required to ‘self-isolate’, your cancellation will be treated as set out in our Cancellation policies above.
8. Electricity & Gas - Power to the lodges is provided by Electricity and LPG for our Oak, Alder and Waterfall lodges. A nightly power tariff applies and this varies by the time of year. It is the responsibility of the booker to ensure that payment for power is made during your stay. If payment for electricity and gas (or any other charges that have not been paid as part of the booking process) is not left at the end of the let, then an administration fee of £30.00 will be added to cover the costs of collection. All our lodges have electricity meters and a token is provided to operate these.
9. Dogs – A maximum of 2 dogs are permitted in our lodges and these can be booked in when making a reservation through our website, or paid on arrival. Dogs are not permitted on the beds or sofas and should not be left in lodges unattended, unless a cage/pen is used (which will need to be brought with you). Other pets allowed with the prior permission of us. The charge for dogs is £30.00 (for up to 4 days) or £40.00 (5-7 days). Very large or dangerous breeds of dogs will not be accepted.
10. Short Break Extra Adult Occupancy Charge - For short-breaks which we define as stays of up to 4 nights, an Extra Adult Occupancy charge applies. This charge is £50.00 and applies to All Adult Groups of 4+ Adults hiring our Gean, Pine, Chestnut or Oak Lodges. This charge applies only to the number of Adults in excess of 4, so for example a Group of 6 Adults, would result in a total Extra Adult Occupancy Charge of £100. Extra adults can be added as part of our reservation process.
11. If for any reason the accommodation is not available to the guest on the dates booked due to events beyond our reasonable control, we will take reasonable steps to find alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available then all monies paid by the guest will be refunded. We will have no further liability to the guest or any other party.
12. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. In any such case all moneys will be refunded and the contract terminated without further liability. We also reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time or to remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behaviour, damage to property, or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In such cases of termination of the contract, any refund would be at the discretion of us. Single sex groups strictly by prior arrangement and should be disclosed at the time of booking for consideration by us.
13. The letting period is from 17:00 hours on the day of arrival until 10:00 hours on the day of departure. Earlier access is usually not permitted due to the enhanced procedures and cleaning procedures undertaken by our housekeeping team to keep our lodges ‘COVID-19 secure’.
14. The number of persons occupying a lodge must not exceed the maximum occupancy level stated in the price list, without the prior consent of us. There will be a charge of £100.00 per night, for the entire duration of the let where, in the sole judgement of us, the number of persons occupying a lodge exceeds the maximum occupancy without our prior written agreement. Sub-letting or assignation of the Let is strictly prohibited.
15. Our Oak and Alder Lodges have wood-burning stoves. If you use the wood burning stove, a fire guard must be fitted to ensure the safety of any young children/toddlers staying with you and is recommended if you have pets with you. There's no charge for this, but please request at the time of booking. In the event this is not fitted when you arrive, please contact one of the team. Additionally, to guarantee the quality of wood needed for our wood burning stoves, to ensure ongoing safe operation and to minimise the risk of any unintended damage, Log Burner Packs (including firelighters & kindling) and Log Basket refills must be purchased on-site. Log Baskets & Refills are available at £6.50 and can be purchased on arrival.
16. Towels can be hired at the cost of £5.00 per person per week. A cot and high chair can be hired at £7.00 each per let.
17. The booker will be responsible for ensuring that the conditions of let are adhered to, and for any loss or damage to the accommodation and its contents (allowing for fair wear and tear) howsoever caused during the rental period.
18. It is the responsibility of the booker and members of their party to keep the lodge(s), furniture, fixtures, fittings, equipment and utensils, in the same condition as at the commencement of the stay (allowing for fair wear and tear). We ask that the lodge(s) is left clean and tidy, and all dishes/cutlery returned to their storage area so these are ready for the next guests. Any breakages should be reported immediately. If, in the sole judgment of us, excessive cleaning is required a cleaning charge of £25.00 per hour will be levied.
19. Damage, tears, or stains beyond normal wear and or damage to cookers, fridges, microwaves or any other appliance not discussed and settlement agreed with us prior to departure will be charged at full replacement costs.
20. Consideration for other guests - The lodges are set in a quiet and peaceful area and the booker and members of their party are required to pay due consideration to other guests and avoid late-night noise, particularly outside. TV's and music must be kept on low volumes and must not be audible outside of the lodge. Offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated. Children must be supervised inside as well as outside of your lodge.
21. Leaving dog foul within the park's boundary is strictly forbidden. Any instances of dog fouling on the park which is not bagged and disposed of, will incur a charge of £10.00.
22. For the safety of all guests, a 5mph driving speed limit should be observed at all times while within the park's boundary.
23. The personal property of guests (or their visitors) occupying the accommodation is not the responsibility of us. Vehicles and personal property are left at the risk of the guest or visitor. Any personal property left in a lodge to be returned to the guest(s) will incur a minimum charge of £5.00 to cover postage, packaging and administration.
24. Smoking is not permitted in the Lodges. Where, in the sole judgement of us, guests have smoked or allowed smoking in a lodge/cabin a charge of £100.00 for cleaning will be levied.
25. The properties let by Killin Highland Lodges are to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
26. We are committed to ensuring the best standards of practice in all our activities. Visitors to our web site can be assured that the protection of privacy and confidentiality are given the highest priority. All personal information is collected, held and used in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We do not collect any personal information from visitors to our website other than information that is knowingly and voluntarily given. Anonymous information is collected, such as the number of visitors to the website in a given period or details of properties and dates selected for online bookings, but it is purely statistical and cannot be used to identify an individual user. Cookies are not used to collect any other information from visitors to the website. Visitors interested in requesting more information can provide contact details via a fill-in form. Visitors cannot be contacted unless such information is given. Visitors are also invited to give additional company information but a decision not to do so does not affect any subsequent negotiations or discussions.
The information collected will be used to contact you with further details of our current activities or to send details of future initiatives or events. It may also be used for research purposes. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require such information to be sent.
If you provide your email address to us, you agree that we may send information to you by email in relation to our Services and in relation to any new services, initiatives or events. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any such emails at any time.
We will share your details with our booking system, SuperControl for the purpose of them delivering their service to us. For example they provide a verified reviews service called UpFrontReviews and we may ask them to send you an email invitation to submit a review about your stay. We will NEVER sell your details to any third party. You consent to us providing your details to SuperControl in this way. You will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any such emails at any time.
We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password protected location. Only users authorised by us have access to this data.
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information we hold is accurate. In particular we use reliable collection methods and destroy or convert to an anonymous form, any out-of-date data. Individuals may request details of all personal information held by us so as to contest inaccurate or incomplete data, verify the information and have it corrected as appropriate.
Our website is not targeted at children but in any event personal information will not knowingly be collected from children under fourteen years without parental consent.
Any queries relating to our collection or use of personal information should be addressed to email@example.com
It looks like you are already subscribed to this list.
We need to confirm your email address. To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.